Many people plan for life events such as weddings and vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen, their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantages of prearranging your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an already emotional time. There is no cost obligation to prearrange a funeral it is simply your information and wishes documented.
Pre-paying your prearranged funeral is an additional option, this reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can co-ordinate a payment plans that suits your needs, from a single payment plan to monthly bank account withdrawals. These funds are put in trust until the death occurs, the principle amount in turn gains interest to offset future inflation. If your funeral costs less than the amount including interest you have put aside, those funds will be refunded back to your estate. If the principle/interest does not cover the inflationary increase of your funeral creating a shortfall the funeral home absorbs that cost and does not require the family to pay more. For more information on your prepayment option, simply speak to our funeral director.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of service you want.
- Choose which funeral home to use.
- Designate your donations, pallbearers, pick any music or readings you want at your service.
Benefits of Prearranging
- Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone, prearranging gives yourself, family and friends peace of mind.
- If you have Prearranged and prepaid your funeral it can be transferred to another funeral home if you have moved to another area.